Food17 September 2020
How to correctly cook Turkish Coffee?
Accompanying special conversations, being an addiction for some, and causing withdrawal headaches, Turkish Coffee is one of the most special elements of our coffee culture. It is usually preferred as a “morning coffee” after breakfast, but it can accompany any meal anytime during the day. Even though the developing technologies have strayed away from traditional cooking styles, addicts know that Turkish Coffee tastes differently when cooked in a coffeepot. We are here to tell you the correct way of preparing Turkish Coffee with a coffeepot
1. Selecting the coffeepot is crucial; most delicious coffees are cooked in copper coffeepots for their ability to distribute heat evenly.
2. Coffee amount depends on how many people the coffee is being cooked for.
3. One heap dessert spoon of coffee is added in the coffeepot per person. If you prefer your coffee stronger you can add 1.5-2 spoons of coffee per person. More coffee also means more foam, but it is best not to over-add coffee.
4. You then need to decide the sugar amount. You don’t need to add sugar if you prefer it plain. For a mildly sweet taste, you need to add 1 cube / 1 brim dessert spoon sugar per person and for a sweeter taste, you need to add 2 cubes / 2 brim dessert spoons sugar per person.
1. One might say that cooking Turkish Coffee is an art. You measure the amount of water with coffee cups and add the necessary number of cups in the coffeepot. A 1/4 cup water is added in the coffeepot for foam share and all ingredients are stirred with a spoon. Be careful not to stir again after turning on the stove; that will lose the foam.
2. The best method is cooking Turkish Coffee slowly on low heat; we suggest not rushing it and waiting by its side while it cooks. When your coffee starts boiling on the edges, it means “you can remove the foam”. Take a little foam for every cup with a spoon, put the foam in the cups evenly and wait for the rest of your coffee to boil. A single-person coffee is cooked in about 3 to 5 minutes. When it starts boiling again, take it off the heat and pour into cups.